Friday, August 04, 2006

Simpatico

I don't really like that word, "simpatico." In fact, until I looked it up, I thought it was spelled the same way as the prefix sympatico-

But I like the meaning: sympathetic; congenial; being on the same wave length.

It's so wonderful to have friends with whom I can share similar experiences and who articulate my own feelings and opinions even better than I myself can.

Don't get me wrong--variety is the spice of life, and it would be a dreary existence if we were all carbon copies of the same person. But sometimes when you're feeling a little beat down, it's nice to hear someone utter a sentiment or make an observation that makes you think, "exactly!"

A friend told me that, "the only thing that periodically kept up my confidence during the job search . . . was remembering that every job I've had has been better than the last, and each one was more related to what I wanted to do than the previous one. That whole sense of divine direction kinda helps. "

Yes. Exactly the same for me.

Even though I didn't really know what I wanted to do for a long time, and I'm still feeling my way through it, I know that I've been moving in the right direction all along. And I know that I will continue to do so, even if it appears from this spot in the road that the bridge ahead is out.

(please send me a link to this post the next time I start freaking out)

1 comment:

Starrlett said...

I know what you mean--I don't know why "simpatico" bugs me, but it does.

Speaking of Stepford Wives, did you see the newer movie version? I don't think they could decide which scenario they wanted to use (gynoid vs. lobotomy/brainchip), because there were some huge contradictions.

Oh, and btw, I got "Zorro" by Isabel Allende on CD this weekend at half-price for $10! Yay! (But listening to the first CD this morning, it seems like the end of each track skips twenty seconds. Hmph.)