Thursday, August 03, 2006

Apology Tendered

Dear me. If you're a regular reader, I know you might have been frightened, bored, or disgusted (or all three) by last night's (this morning's) messy display of self-pity.

Thank you for being so indulgent. Things look much better in the light of day, of course, and I'm sure that I'll soon be back to my sunny, cheerful self. After a good night's sleep, that is. Right now, I already have the Friday afternoon symptoms of dull aching head, misfiring brain synapses, and small lapses of attention, and it's only 6 pm Thursday. Guess the old body just isn't capable of what it once was.

2 comments:

Starrlett said...

I am a completely different person when I get 7.5-8 hours sleep, versus my usual 6. It's amazing. I can even--gasp--remember stuff!

Auntie K said...

For me, 9 hrs is even better. After living the relatively carefree (ha, ha) life of a part-time worker the past few months, I may never be able to go back to real life. Do you know how happy I am to not be so tired I have to go into the toilet stall at work to sit down and take a 5 minute nap?