Thursday, August 10, 2006

Happy to Stay Home

Very glad I'm not traveling by air today or in the next few days.

You know, don't you, that after a thwarted terror plot in Britain, airports in the U.S. have banned liquids and gels from carry-on luggage? Yes, you now have to travel without water, toothpaste, hand lotion, or lip balm.

Uh-uh, not this girl. I'll stay home, thank you.

2 comments:

Starrlett said...

Last night, I was hypothesizing what would happen if you showed up with a bottle of your Auntie Maye's priceless French perfume.

Would they confiscate it? Empty it out? Label it to return to you later? Let you leave the airport and go home? Let you mail it to yourself?

Laugh maniacally that you had an Auntie Maye who saddled you with French perfume to carry to the airport?

Auntie K said...

When they first started cracking down on things after 9/11, my boss (I worked at the airport at the time) said that if you get to security and figure out you have something with you that they won't let you carry on, just turn it in to Lost & Found and then retrieve it when you get back after the return flight.