Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Severe Crisis

It's 1 am and I really have to get home from work and to bed, so I can return in less than 9 hours. However, I was just thrown into an absolute catastrophe, so I had to stop and tell you.

While I wasn't looking, THREE of my audiobook holds at the library came in, and all three are waiting to be picked up. How on earth am I supposed to listen to four audio books in the space of three weeks? (I'm already on Disc Two of Anne of Green Gables.)

On top of that, one of the books is a sequel to Night Work, and if you've been paying attention to the sidebar, I've been sitting in the middle of that for weeks.

5 minutes later:

Oh, cancel that. I looked more closely at my account before I finished this post, and only one of the three is an audio. The other two are print versions of The Fourth Bear and Break No Bones. That's much better. I didn't really plan on reading those two anyway, because I'm on the list to get both audios. But I'll pick them up anyway, and we'll see what happens.

It's obvious that 1) I need some sleep and 2) work is starting to interfere with my "real" life.

5 comments:

The Back Lot said...

How many times have you read "Anne of Green Gables?" Do you really need to again? If so, scratch this message & happy listening!!

Starrlett said...

Is that the version of AoGG read by Megan Follows, the actress in the super-awesome miniseries?

It's my personal belief that at least one book in the 8-book AoGG series ought to be read each year. Last year I reread a couple in spurts; I'm nearly due again. ;)

The Back Lot said...

I stopped after book three (or four, was it?)--when Anne & Gilbert are finally engaged at the end. I figured life could not get much better.

Auntie K said...

Yes, lady.author, I really do need to "read" it again! Granted, it's not quite in the category of P&P or Persuasion, but it's up there.

Auntie K said...

Good idea, starrlett. Have you read any of the other non-Anne books by LM Montogomery? Many are very good. A few that came back into paperback during her resurge in popularity probably should have stayed in obscurity, but I love The Story Girl and The Golden Road.