A few days ago, my co-worker Zoey and I were working the reference desk together. She had just been to the circulation desk to check out a book, and was back at the desk looking at her library account on the computer. She exclaimed over the fact that the book she had just checked out was not showing in her account. I mused that perhaps it takes a few minutes to update, and I glanced at her computer screen, which showed the titles of the items checked out to Zoey's account. One of the titles caught my eye, and I told her that I checked out the same book a few months ago. We laughed over the coincidence.
Then, I looked more closely, only to realize that I had checked out all 3 of the books Zoey currently had checked out. Isn't that funny?
Incidentally, all three books were about reference services. So, nothing extremely "fun," like a Laurie R. King novel or anything. One of the titles is Reading and the Reference Librarian: The Importance to Library Service of Staff Reading Habits. I checked it out thinking it might be pretty interesting, but it mostly talked about how reference librarians should read newspapers and such.
Boring.
1 comment:
I love the new "GRADUATE" in your profile; nice!
Glad you advised me--I hate to read things of that boring ilk, particularly when I'm not getting class credit.
And, anyway--read newspapers?! Dark ages in the information profession; wake up and smell the internet, people!
Post a Comment