Friday, June 23, 2006

So That's My Problem

I apparently got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I didn't remember, however, until I looked it up in The Facts on File Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins, 3rd edition, that traditionally, the left side of the bed is considered the wrong side.

Well, that explains it. I get up on the left side of the bed every morning, since the right side is against the wall. Guess now my crabby mood is justified, since it is clearly not my fault and since there is clearly nothing I can do about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I get up on the left side of the bed every morning, too, and, as everyone knows, I am never anything but sweet and bonny and blithe--must just be my nature!
M.

Auntie K said...

Oops--you're right, about all of the above. Guess I didn't think that one through very well, did I? Guess the apple does fall far from the tree sometimes :-)

Starrlett said...

Is that left as it appears when you're standing in front of it, or when you're laying down on it?

:)

Auntie K said...

Oh, good question. I figured it was left when you are lying in the bed. If it's left as it appears when you're standing in front of it, then I have no excuse for being crabby, do I?