Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Occupational Hazard

If you like books and you work in a library, the combination can be both a blessing and a curse. Just ask someone at my house how many library books I have at home right now. Sure, it probably doesn't approach the numbers that many people have lying around, but it's a lot (52 items, to be exact. From three different libraries, including one interlibrary loan).

When I turn in books, I have to carefully check that I'm returning the book to the library it came from (I made a mistake once in high school and turned in a school library book to the public library). My work friend Curren told me that happens often at UNT. Also, people often turn in their personal books to the library by mistake. Now, I've never done that!

As you see, space and organization issues can be part of the curse.

But of course, it's all worth it for the blessings. More on that later.

No comments: