Friday, June 02, 2006

The Way My Mind Works

Even though I'm trying (yet again) to retrench, I drove through Wendy's on the way to work to get lunch. I could see that the drink cup was a new design, and figured it was an ad for a new item or a contest.

Once I got back on the road, I glanced at the cup in the cupholder. It had a broad swash of reddish brown around the top, and I could see the letters Cho. Well, you know what my mind immediately leaped to, right?

CHOCOLATE!

I didn't think I was lucky enough that Wendy's would be giving out free chocolate, so perhaps this was an ad for a new chocolate menu item?

Alas, it was not. But, if you buy a combo meal at Wendy's (I recommend #1; no onions, pickle, or lettuce), you can then use the code on your cup to enter the Southwest Airlines "Choose a Combo and Choose your Destination" sweepstakes.

I think I'd rather have the chocolate.

No comments: