Sunday, June 11, 2006

Do Not Disturb

Auntie K's Blog is about to go on hiatus while I work on my Capstone Experience. If you are dying to know all about it, look at the UNT School of Library and Information Sciences Web Site. Otherwise, I'll give you the summary here. Or, if you have already experienced Capstone for yourself, you can skip this whole post.

Capstone is my school's in-lieu-of-thesis requirement for the master's degree. On Monday, June 12 at 8am, I can login and choose three of ten essay questions for which I must write papers supported by references to appropriate literature. Each essay must be 1,500 - 2,500 words, or approximately 5-7 pages, long. The essays are to be submitted online by Monday, June 19 at 8am.

Then, each exam essay "is evaluated and graded on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis by two faculty with expertise related to the question subject matter. All essays are numbered and evaluated without knowledge of students' identities." I must receive a satisfactory grade on all three essays in order to pass and receive my degree. I will be notified of my individual results by Friday, July 7.

In order to not be tempted to waste time on non-essential activities, I am declaring a ban on lengthy blogging and dedicated tv watching for the week. Hence, the hiatus. As you may know, I'm somewhat of a procrastinator and a master-employer of delaying tactics, and this situation won't leave much room for any of that. Dad said tonight that I suffer from CDD, or completion deadline disorder. He hit that nail on the head!

So, I may check in from time to time to update you on my progress (or lack thereof), but don't expect my usual blogerary greatness.

If you're worried about me, maybe you should think about sending condolences to my mother instead, who already has a knot in her stomach. As she said, it is extremely painful for a mother to watch her child suffer, even if that child is 3[X] years old.

OK, I'm not suffering quite yet. Give me three or four days though, and then we'll see how I'm doing...

No comments: