Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Slash and Burn

I'm contemplating the possibility of executing a controlled burn in my bedroom and the next-door guestroom, on which I've encroached. Do you think I could successfully carry that out without damaging the rest of the house? Might be kind of tricky.

That's about the only solution I can think of for the "exploding head" feeling I'm starting to have all the time now. I'm surrounded by too much junk, clothing, papers, books, undone tasks, etc. to make any sense of life, much less to walk in my bedroom. And I can't make myself do anything about it except sleep. So, I'm thinking the controlled burn would rid me of all the excess, and might shock me into action as well. Sort of like when I erased my computer hard drive by mistake, with no saved backup. I got to start over with a clean slate.

If you hear the sirens on our street, you'll know I carried out my plan.

No comments: