Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Audio-less

Did you notice that the Off the Shelf feature in the right hand pane shows I am currently without an audiobook? I'm not very happy about it. Despite diligent catalog perusing and careful management of my hold list, I'm currently stuck waiting for even one of my library holds to come in. Of course, I know that when one comes in, it will arrive along with one or two more, so that I won't be able to listen to them all in the checkout period. Although I've been known to read more than one book at a time, listening is a different matter.

Of course, you think that with my healthy-sized cd collection, I could get by commuting one day without an audiobook. On the other hand, I'm fickle, which means that I want what I want when I want it, even if I do have other options available. Today I listened to the Beatles on the way to work (thanks, Mary!), which I guess was the next best thing to another Narnia audiobook. Maybe on the way home I'll give Elizabeth Zimmermann's Digressions a try. I'm sure it's good, it's just that it isn't what I want right now.

5 comments:

Starrlett said...

I think I've got "The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankwiler" in my truck right now... but I'm not sure if I have the real copy on CD, or the burned mp3 copy. You're welcome to it, if it will work--and you're in the mood for nostalgic childrens' museum hijinks.

Auntie K said...

Oh, what a fab book. I think I'm ok, because I'm going to pick up the next Lemony Snicket on Friday am. But I will keep that in mind as a possible loan for the future, if you have the "real" cd copy. Some of us don't have a fancy new vehicle that plays mp3's!

The Back Lot said...

"1776"? Gotta finish it someday!

The Back Lot said...

Do you still like Beatles #3 the best? It's my least fave. Anyhoo...

Auntie K said...

1776 was a great audiobook. As for the Beatles, all 3 have songs I like, so it's hard to choose, you know? I do really like #3, however.