- My hair is too short for a bun.
- I'm not that old.
- I'm too much of a pushover.
Case in point: A patron at one of the public computers is talking on his mobile while he's searching online for job leads, apparently getting searching help from the person on the other end of the line. I really should gather up my courage and go tell him that cell phone users need to go to the stairwell or outside to talk on their phones. Of course, then he can't job search at the same time. And, since I don't want to have go help him search (jobseekers tend to be a bit emotional and frustrated), I'm sitting here at the desk hoping 1) he will hang up soon and 2) another patron won't come complain about the noise.
I've interrupted cell-phone users discussing legal matters and callers arguing with their boyfriends, but I really don't want to mess with a jobseeker. Maybe I'm not a pushover, but just a chicken.
2 comments:
Or maybe you just have empathy for a fellow job-seeker!!
Oh, good point. I need good karma when it comes to job-seeking.
Post a Comment