So, at 12:24 pm today, I was ambling about the house, reading the paper, checking e-mail, not doing much other than thinking exciting things like:
*what I'm going to name the gerbils I plan to adopt someday
*how nice it is to have friends who reply point-by-point to your e-mails, even when your e-mails are early morning tirades better left un-sent
*whether I ought to break a recent streak and make my bed today
*do I have time to do a load of laundry before I have to leave for work?
*oh wait--I'm supposed to leave for work at 12:30. That’s in six minutes.
Now, I wasn't in a total panic, because when we were young, Brother #1 and I held showering time trials (probably during the commercial breaks of Dukes of Hazzard) to see who could take the fastest shower. I don't remember my record time, but I know it was pretty fast.
Unfortunately, my beauty regimen at age ten didn't include such things as a blow dryer, Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Mattifying Concentrate, eyeliner, or Redken Rough Paste. So, it took me a little longer than 3 minutes to shower and get ready to leave for work (more like 30 instead of 3).
Thankfully, however, the traffic gods were with me, and I arrived at work 7 minutes early, unscathed, and unticketed.
Of course, if I had gotten up early and mowed the back yard this morning like I said I would, I wouldn’t have had this whole problem in the first place.
4 comments:
I have tried my best to stop the
grass from growing, but its such
a challenge to drink that much
water. OW.
Well, keep at it. I know you're doing the best you can!
Thanks for reading, O.
what will you name those gerbils?
I'm so glad you asked! Reepicheep and Peepiceek.
Post a Comment