Monday, June 05, 2006

Cool Word Tip

If you aren't interested in using MS Word, feel free to skip this post.

For anyone who is still left, did you know that Word has a Word Count toolbar (starting with at least the 2003 edition and maybe earlier)?

I didn't know that. Yes, I know how to count words in my document by going to the Tools menu, but I never realized I could add a toolbar that would allow me to count words at the click of the mouse. Pretty cool, eh? Of course, if I would let paperclip man do his job instead of cruelly banishing him to cyber-oblivion, maybe I would have already known about this.

This brings to mind the fact that I always run a Word grammar check on anything other than the most informal of writing. Often, I don't agree with the suggestions they give me, but I enjoy seeing my "readability statistics" at the end. Of course, I rarely achieve anything lower than a grade 12 reading level. And I don't think I'm supposed to take that as a compliment.

1 comment:

Starrlett said...

Wow, a nifty Word tip! Thanks!

Oh, Paperclip Man, how I loathe thee...