Friday, June 23, 2006

Shopping Helps

I soothed my crabby self a bit by going to the UNT bookstore on my break and spending some money on paperback books. Nothing spectacular, but one is a board book for when Curly comes to visit, and one is Blue Balliett's Chasing Vermeer (illustrated by Brett Helquist, whom you may know from A Series of Unfortunate Events).

Buying Vermeer sort of violates my principles--buying a cheap paperback when I could just as easily check it out of the library. If it's worth buying, it should be worth buying hardcover. But, part of the exercise here was to spend money. So, mission accomplished.

4 comments:

the duchess said...

I'm a big fan of retail therapy. I'm more impressed that you only bought two books. My nasty habit is buying a dozen and then fighting the urge to buy another dozen before the first dozen are read.

The Back Lot said...

Remember that time at book club--oh wait, you never came to book club--when Jen Dill said: "Mary, there are other stores besides Half-Priced Books" or something like that? And I used to think it below the superior ME to buy a used book. Oh how the worm has turned.
And, PS: Buying books is ALWAYS a good thing!

Auntie K said...

Nah, used is totally cool, isn't it?

Auntie K said...

And does Jen Dill ever shop at 1/2 Price Books herself? It is about the best store around.