**Warning: This post may lead to time-eating Internet surfing**
Are you aware of the crawl Blogger has on their home page where they list recently-updated blogs? Every day, they also list a new Blog of Note. I've looked at a few of the noteworthy sites, and they're usually pretty interesting.
Well, today I randomly clicked on an updated blog, The Concept of Irony, and it turned out to be really good. The most recent post, about items he had sent to PostSecret, is quite humorous. I also enjoyed a previous post (complete with photo) about a high school student who performed, in costume, the author's Short Imagined Monologue by the Microsoft Office Assistant Paper Clip (I hate that little thing, but I'm not the only one.)
Of course, then I had to check out PostSecret. I've heard of it, but never looked at it. They describe themselves as "an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard." The entries vary from humorous to hilarious to pathetic to frightening to sad to bittersweet. PostSecret recently published a book that you can buy at your local bookstore (or at my favorite, Barnes and Noble.com).
Next, that led me to FOUND Magazine, a concept related to PostSecret where people send in found items like grocery lists, notes, poetry, "anything that gives a glimpse into someone else's life." FOUND also has two hardcopy issues available in bookstores. FOUND II is newly available.
Hmm. Auntie K's birthday is coming up in a few months. Guess now she has a few more things to add to her wish list.
Happy surfing!
No comments:
Post a Comment