Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Blank

I think Capstone wiped out whatever functioning brain cells I had left, because since then, I've basically done nothing (except go to work, sleep, and watch tv), I can think of nothing to blog about (although I did transcribe Oscar's essay yesterday), and I can't figure out what to read even though I have 50+ library items to choose from.

So, here is just a random list of the meager, mundane thoughts I could summon. You can see I have lofty matters on my mind.

  1. Dallas Mavericks lost the NBA Finals to the Miami Heat. Disappointing, but I'm not losing sleep over it.


  2. Hoping for USA to make a decent showing Thursday at the 2006 FIFA World Cup. Anyone with cable TV want to host my brother for a day so he can watch both Group E games at the same time?


  3. Blogger's Blog of Note today is nothing I can get into, but it does have a Vannevar Bush quote on the front. Now Vannevar Bush is something I can get into. I think a good baby name would be Vannevar Ranganathan. What do you think? His nickname could be Van-Ran.


  4. Finally made it to Target (thank you, L.!). The Archer Farms chocolate covered cherry cookies are not what I expected, but they are very tasty.


  5. Why did Target stop carrying Odwalla juices? They have Naked juices now instead, and they are not the same (plus, Naked makes you install a Macromedia Flash player to view their Web site, and that irritates me). Oh well, one less thing to spend my money on.


  6. But, Target does still have Bolthouse Farms juice. I'm fond of the Perfectly Protein Vanilla Chai, though I wish it weren't so sweet.


  7. Why did Dennis Farina have to leave Law & Order? I know he's no Lennie, but I really liked him. As long as Jesse L. Martin and Sam Waterston stick around, I guess it will be ok.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad about Odwalla juices. I can never look at them without remembering that brand of apple juice was the cause of a terrible outbreak of e-coli several years ago. Though I seldom drink any juice and haven't seen it for years, Naked Tangerine Juice is the best juice I've ever had.
L.

Starrlett said...

I love the Naked...um...Green?... Juice. It's slightly different from the SuperFood Odwalla stuff, but I like them both. Haven't had another other Nekked--er, Naked Juices, but LOVE that Odwalla BetaBlast with all the blueberries (I think that's the one, anyway)... Bolthouse Farms has a fantastic berry drink, too.

Btw, if you happen to find a deal on fresh blackberries, and you have some bisquick, make pancakes and throw in some of those berries, finely chopped. 'Tis tasty. Alex puts honey on them, and I put blackberry syrup (neither of us are fans of maple).

Wow, this is wordy. Can you tell that one of my hobbies is eating? I [heart] food.

Auntie K said...

Doesn't everyone in their right mind [heart] food?

Auntie K said...

Hmm, after trying Naked's chocolate protein drink, I wasn't too keen to try anything else. But I like Odwalla Superfood, and Tangerine juice sounds delicious, so guess I have to go back to Target and try Naked's version of both of those.

Auntie K said...

L., I think you are more health-information-savvy than many consumers. As for me, I just trust Odwalla when they say the new flash-pasturization process, or whatever they do now, solved the little E. Coli problem. If it didn't solve the problem, I guess I'll find out!