I suppose most of Auntie K's readers are acquainted with ISBN's, or International Standard Book Numbers. Kind of like the SSN of the book world, except an ISBN has 10 digits.
Until now, that is.
In January 2007, ISBN numbers will start converting to 13 digits in order to accommodate increasing publishing volume (more than 195,000 new titles and editions published last year).
Wait a minute. 13? I think this is a highly unlucky move. Everyone has supposedly been planning for this for a year already, but it sounds a bit like an evil plot to overthrow the publishing and library world, and to stop all library catalogs in their tracks. Let's hope Auntie K. is wrong.
*If you're dying to know more about ISBN's, look at this FAQ.
2 comments:
You're totally right. I was looking for a new conspiracy theory to subscribe to: this is IT!
Friggatriskaidekaphobia.
Say it fifteen times, fast. I dare you!
Post a Comment