An imaginative reader just posted a comment about the Unidentified Object from May 8, wondering if it is an Aebleskiver turner. It isn't, but that's a great idea.
A great idea that sent Auntie K off into blissful dreaming about Aebleskivers and other yummy, high carbohydrate treats like pancakes, cookies, and yummy "cake-bread." Auntie K ate two of the three for breakfast this morning (leftover buttermilk pancakes, the best she's ever tasted, and anise seed bisochitos (official state cookie of New Mexico)*.
There's a reason Auntie K has the "voluptuous" figure she does, and why she would never do well on a low-carb diet--if she had to give up bread she would be too sad to go on living.
*Auntie K used the recipe in Nancy Baggett's All American Cookie Book.
5 comments:
I have to agree about the "too sad to go on living" part. I begin to see the effects of regular ice-cream partaking on that area of my thighs that has now blended with my rear... but giving up ice cream?
A derriere that is a separate entity from my thighs is not worth giving up the high points in life.
Yes, Auntie K, carbs have been my friends these thirty-plus years, too. They don't sell our good brand here in Tennessee. What's a cake bread-loving girl to do?
Hmmm. How would a loaf of cake-bread do in the mail, lady.author?
...and make it snappy! I'm starving. I miss your blog. What's up? You dead or some something??
Nevermind, I'm super stupid...oh, just nevermind. Nevermind, I said!! Sheesh!!!
Post a Comment