Monday, May 22, 2006

Reality TV I Can Get Behind

I'm not much of a reality TV fan. I fall into category of viewers who prefer their shows to be strictly fantasy or to contain lots of fictional detective action. That's why I watch Lost, Monk, The Closer, and Without A Trace.

I caught a show last night, however, that I can definitely get behind. It's Food Network's Food Network Challenge, which airs Sundays at 10pm/9 central. This week, they are airing Sugar Showdown, a challenge where four sugar artists have to create a 4-feet high sugar sculpture on an outdoor theme. In each of the first two rounds, someone is eliminated, leaving two artists who vie for the $10,000 prize in the final round. I only saw the second half of the show, but it was pretty amazing. They are showing the episode four more times this week if you are curious to see how to make a dolphin out of blown sugar. Don't try this at home!

The next new episode is Build a Better Burger 2. Not sure that will be as thrilling as Sugar Showdown, but you never know.

No comments: