Friday, May 12, 2006

Seventh Inning Stretch

I'm almost there--one last school assignment due at midnight tonight, and then I will be only one 3-question essay exam away from completing my library science degree.

Unfortunately, that one last assignment is a personal reflection upon a group collaboration project, in the form of dated journal entries (with reference to concepts learned during the course and to outside sources) that I have supposedly been working on for the past two months.

I have one entry. I have to leave to go to work in 3.5 hours.

Why, you ask, am I blogging instead of working on the journal?

As I said to Mom last night when she asked why I didn't work on the journal as the project progressed, "Why does the sun rise in the East and set in the West?" That is to say, blogging is easier and more enjoyable, so why would I do homework if I could be blogging?



*BTW, special thanks to CJRW, LRM, and Starr for being such faithful readers. Starr, I enjoy reading your blog and all the cool things you mention there, and I had fun trading comments with you last night at work (when I should have been working on the journal).

PS - Am I the only one who finds it odd that Blogger's built-in spell check doesn't recognize the word "blog" ?

2 comments:

Starrlett said...

Heh, heh, I, too, enjoy our bloginess and our work chats. :)

I think your sun rising answer is quite apt. And yeah, why won't it recognize blog?

Auntie K said...

The spell check doesn't recognize Blogger either. Go figure.