Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Three F's

Auntie K is now officially a part of the Best Company Ever, having attended Target Team Member orientation last night. I've read lots of comments on the Internet from disgruntled Target employees, but my first night was just fine. I got a free soda and a free banana (both times I've been in the break room, there were quite a few bananas on the counter, free for the taking). And I heard some interesting fraud stories from the Target Protection Specialist who spoke to us about Assets Protection.

I also learned that the Target experience, for both guests and team members, is supposed to be Fast, Fun, and Friendly. What a coincidence--that's just how I've always thought of myself :-)

5 comments:

Starrlett said...

Auntie K has opened herself to some funny, but inappropriate, comments on the use of the three F's to describe herself.

Out of great respect for Auntie K, I shall refrain. ;)

The Back Lot said...

Bananas and sodas are good. Congrats on your first day!

Auntie K said...

Yeah, I wondered if someone would try to twist the three F's around. Thank you for being kind. This is a family blog, you know.

Anonymous said...

Now I understand why Auntie K's own dear Auntie had the experience of her Target Team Member saying to her, as she was leaving, "Five!" (as in "give me five")--thus confusing and somewhat annoying said Auntie, who is not really up on modern lingo/sign lanugage. Her Target Team Member was just trying to be Fun and Friendly. Auntie K's Auntie doesn't recommend this method of sharing the Target experience.

Auntie K said...

I think my version of Fun and Friendly will be fairly subdued, and I'm sure my Auntie would approve. We'll find out Friday morning :-)