I had the distinct non-pleasure of driving to my former place of employment this morning, after being rudely awakened by a ringing telephone, at the other end of which was a plea from a certain family member for someone to deliver an item forgotten at home. Since Oscar doesn't drive, I was tapped for the job. (To tell the truth, I half expected such a call, and therefore put the phone on the bedside table last night, so I wouldn't have to grope my way to my handbag when it rang.)
The beauty of unemployment, however, is that now that I'm home again, I can crawl back into bed if I wish (but of course I won't, because I don't believe in napping).
Incidentally, the reason I wasn't already awake when the phone rang at 7:22 a.m. in the morning is because I stayed up to finish Folly, a book I can't imagine anyone (with a brain) not devouring, both for its suspenseful plot and beautiful scenery (San Juan Islands), as well as for its rich, mature writing. I read it so quickly, in two sittings, that it never even made it onto the "Currently Reading" sidebar.
No comments:
Post a Comment