Saturday, September 02, 2006

Celebrity Blogger

Did you know that Rose Levy Berenbaum blogs? I found her blog while I was looking for errata listings for the America's Test Kitchen cookbooks. If you're like me and spend more time reading about activities like baking and knitting than actually doing the activities themselves, then you'll love Rose. Her "Vanilla Bible" article for Food Arts Magazine looks like a good, albeit lengthy, read. (Don't worry--Rose's Web designers have done their job, and you can print the post with ease.)

Incidentally, America's Test Kitchen has no errata in evidence on their Web site. Do you think it's because none of their cookbooks have errors?

No, I don't think so either. In fact, I searched their site and found reference in an e-newsletter to errata for Baking Illustrated, the very book in which I'm interested. You have to be a paid Website member, however, to access the newsletter. That's what I call poor customer service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling us about Rose's blog. Of course I had to subscribe to her newsletter and read her entire output so far. But I did it during the middle of the night, so maybe that doesn't count as a waste of time. Though I've been a subscriber forever, "Cook's Illustrated's" general attitude, and especially concerning their website, annoys me.
L.