I've long believed that there is a link, for some people, between stress and fat. So why, if my life is now relatively stress-free, am I fat (BTW, do you agree that "fat" as an adjective is an ugly word?)?
Apparently, lack of stress and fat have some connection for me as well. I seem content to meander through life these days, eating what I want and when I want, growing more and more "chunky." Certainly, I don't want to go back to the stress-filled life where I had to hide in a bathroom stall at work once a week to cry, but maybe there's such a thing as too much contentment.
1 comment:
Oh, good heavens, you're not fat! And yes, I think "fat" is an ugly word. It can be used amusingly from time to time, but in general it just makes me mad at society each time it's used.
I know what you mean about eating and a lack of schedule, however. I got pretty bad for awhile when I worked from home and had a less-than-conventional "schedule." It's better now that I've been on a regular work schedule for over a year, but unfortunately now Alex and I have been in the habit of buying ice cream. Regularly. With a passion that should be reserved for religion and marriage.
--starr
Post a Comment