Sunday, October 01, 2006

Intervention

Dear E.,

I can't tell you how much sorrow I felt when I saw you the other day with a tube of Vaseline Lip Therapy in your hand. I felt even worse when you said that you carry it everywhere and use it constantly. And of course, the final blow was when you said that I influenced you to start using.

I am so deeply entwined in Vaseline's devilish snares that it is too late for me to escape. I have hope for you, since you didn't exhibit too many overt signs of addiction. Nonetheless, I sense that you are standing on the slippery edge of a dangerous precipice.

I urge you to confront your problem and seek help immediately before, like me, you are in too deep to save yourself. Many others have conquered their addiction, and I know you can also.

Lovingly,

Auntie K.

1 comment:

the duchess said...

You crack me up. Pun intended.