There's a reason I try not to watch commercials on television. I rarely watch any of "my shows" at the very time they air, because I refuse to sit through the commercials, and thanks to that magical invention, the DVR, I don't have to.
But on Labor Day, while doing some monotonous work on the bedroom computer, I turned on TNT to listen to the all-day reruns of The Closer. Alas, I have only an old-fashioned non-DVR receiver in the bedroom, so I had to listen to commercials unless I was quick on the mute button.
So, when Keri Russell asked if I was tired of wearing lip gloss that wore off after a few hours (uh, more like minutes in my case), I ran out to buy the CoverGirl product she swore would last for 10 hours.
Ugh. A complete waste of $7, for a toxic paint-like liquid that you apply underneath a separate, shiny balm from a different tube. Yes, it will last for 10 hours, even on your teeth (when it smudged on my teeth, the only way I got rid of it all was with a toothbrush.) Turns out, I didn't buy the exact product Keri is touting--I bought something similar--but it probably doesn't make a difference. That's what I get for listening to a commercial.
BTW, don't bother trying George Hamilton's Pita Thins either. They're too salty even for me, and I have a pretty high tolerance for salt.
3 comments:
Thanks for the warning on CoverGirl's lipgloss. Like yours, my second tube of Rimmel lipgloss leaked inside my makeup bag. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper.
I'm doing ok with my new tube of Rimmel (you inspired me to try again!). I was able to bottom part of the plastic security sleeve in place. Don't know if that's the trick, or if I just have a better tube this time around.
Haven't had troubles with Rimmel lipgloss, but then after an incident last semester with lipstick lids and my book bag, I've only carried it in my purse, where items are too packed to shift around.
Don't you hate those "as seen on TV" lies? I tend to be more taken in by food (fast food or grocery products), even when my over-educated mind knows better.
--starr
Post a Comment