Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ready for a Change

After almost a year, I think I might actually be starting to tire of my carefree part-time student employee existence. Now, this is not to say that I miss working at my former place of employment. That is a feeling I doubt I will ever experience.

However, being a lackey with limited responsibility and little input into the workings of the organization sometimes leaves me feeling frustrated and bored. Being an inquisitive person by nature, I like to know what's going on, why things are the way they are, what changes are on the horizon, etc. In my current position, I know little of that, only what I can pick up in the air or in the small snippets of information available to me--I don't attend staff meetings, receive many e-mails, serve on a committee, etc. I'm just here. In the semi-darkness, usually.

I hope and pray this situation will change before too long, when my employment changes. When that happens, if I complain about how difficult and frustrating things are, perhaps I'll be able to hark back to this post and remind myself that I'm exactly where I said I wanted to be.

2 comments:

Starrlett said...

I hear you. So here's relaying some more of that info to you--the notes from that mobile reference webinar:
http://geekyartistlibrarian.pbwiki.com/OPALMobileReference7-25-06

And don't miss the summary of our discussion:
http://geekyartistlibrarian.pbwiki.com/OPALMobileReferenceNotesThoughts7-25-06

Sincerely, Your News Hookup

Auntie K said...

Thank you so much. I had no idea the Science library is using two monitors at their desk. Love that idea. I just walked over to check it out.