As I slept last night, I literally dreamed up two inventions. Both related to grocery stores. Alas, I could only remember one of the two when I awoke. But, I think the one I remember is pretty good.
Idea: A computer at the grocery store entrance into which you feed your shopping list. The computer reorders the items on the list according to location in the store, perishables last, of course, and prints a new copy. You can then shop the new list item by item, moving through the store in an orderly, efficient manner.
Is that brilliant or what?
3 comments:
Hey, I love this! I always attempt to order my list by aisle--but first I have to decide if I'm shopping at Super Wally or Kroger. And inevitably, they've moved something to an aisle endcap, which means I have to hunt and backtrack and grumble.
This is excellent! Doitdoitdoit!
I already do this! The first time my Mom saw my list she diagnosed me with Raging OCD. Yes, that's clinical. I even go a step further and write my items in spacial relation to the store layout. Scary, I know.
Ha. I knew there were people who already do this, but I didn't know they are in my own circle of friends. And mirroring the spacial layout of the store? I'm lucky if I can read my list. Forget figuring out where things are in the store! Maybe you need to invent this machine, since you understand the process so intimately :-)
Post a Comment