- I am still employed at UNT until the end of August. Thankfully, I have health insurance through that period as well.
- None of the libraries to which I have applied to date have expressed interest in interviewing me.
- I have two applications out currently, on which I may hear something, but probably not--they're a bit old now. I was very interested in one of these jobs--it looked fabulous.
- I sent out an application tonight to a public university in the Rocky Mountain region, for which I have high hopes. Their hiring timeline seems short, so I will probably hear something in the next 2 weeks. It's a visiting position, which means fixed one-year term. But, it also means entry-level, so that is fine with me. I have further hopes for it because I found the announcement the evening before they started reviewing applications, and I only found it by searching much farther afield than I have been doing so far. Perhaps that's significant?
- Yes, right now I am only applying for professional reference librarian positions in academic libraries. At some point, I may have to modify that strategy, but I'm not ready to do so yet. I am not concentrating my search on any specific geographic location. Beggars can't be complete choosers.
- Yes, by September, it is possible I will be unemployed. I have some savings, so I don't feel undue pressure to take anything I have to just to avoid a period of unemployment. I probably can't go more than a few months without income, however.
- Yes, I would be interested in staying at UNT if possible. Right now, they don't have any openings for which I qualify.
- Thank you for all your interest, prayers, and concern. If there's anything else (about this topic) you're dying to know, just ask. Or if I can help you find an information resource...
Monday, July 17, 2006
The Job Hunt
I think the people who read my blog are the same people who already know most of the intimate details of my fascinating life. But if not, here's an update on my employment status.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment