Remember how I told you I had been published? When I arrived at work yesterday, the librarian at the desk said he had taken a strange call from someone purportedly looking for me. The caller mentioned my last name, asked if my name was K--- Anne or Anne K---, was I 38 or so (I think NOT), and was I involved in biofeedback or psychology. The librarian said he didn't know the answer to those questions, but that I would be in at 2 and the guy could call back.
Call back he did, and it was an investigator or an attorney looking for someone named K---- Anne W---, who goes by the name K--- or sometimes Anne. He repeated the same questions he had before, although he asked if I was born May 1972, which would not make me 38. He said he had found my name on "your Web site." I determined he meant the UNT Libraries Web site, but told him I have no background in psychology or biofeedback. He thought from looking at the Web site (a communications studies subject guide) that I have something to do with health sciences.
Anyway, I assured him I am not the person for whom he is looking, and we hung up. A few months ago, an attorney from Louisiana called me at home looking for someone with my name who had worked for Child Protective Services and had lived in Denton (home of UNT). Perhaps the two targets of investigation are one in the same?
3 comments:
C'est tres bizarre!
For a minute there, I thought that someone was calling you looking for a blind date, referred from your blog! Glad it wasn't a stalker, only a case of mistaken identity.
Yeah, I was a little nervous too, especially since my blog is unlisted and I trust all my friends to protect my safety. I was glad to realize he had only found me from the UNT site.
Post a Comment