Wherein Auntie K reveals (some of) what is on her mind.
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
The Only Way to Celebrate
What's an American holiday without food? Here's what we're having today:
barbecued steak
Fish Eye salad
corn on the cob
spinach salad
twice-baked potatoes
Jell-o pudding dirt cups
What are you having at your house?
8 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I wish I'd come to your house, and not only for the food. We had steak, which couldn't be barbecued because a storm came up right at the wrong time, corn on the cob and artichokes for the adults. We observed lots of fireworks, from the Boston ones on TV, to the local high school ones from our own front yard. Thanks for the John Adams quote. L
We actually had some of our least-fun/fancy food of the week yesterday--more grilled sausage/hot dogs for lunch, and frozen pizza for supper. But we're going out tonight for Ghengis Grill and seeing Superman Returns, and then day after that, we'll grill steak, and day after that, we're having a picnic dinner at a Rangers ballgame!
But I've been eating the leftovers of your yummy fruit concoction, and report that The Boy also likes it very much, despite his usual distaste for anything remotely resembling the consistency of tapioca pudding. :)
My entire household left early that morning for a three-week vacation. I swung by Sonic on my way home from work to 1) celebrate, & 2) not have to cook. Happy 4th!
8 comments:
I wish I'd come to your house, and not only for the food. We had steak, which couldn't be barbecued because a storm came up right at the wrong time, corn on the cob and artichokes for the adults. We observed lots of fireworks, from the Boston ones on TV, to the local high school ones from our own front yard. Thanks for the John Adams quote. L
We actually had some of our least-fun/fancy food of the week yesterday--more grilled sausage/hot dogs for lunch, and frozen pizza for supper. But we're going out tonight for Ghengis Grill and seeing Superman Returns, and then day after that, we'll grill steak, and day after that, we're having a picnic dinner at a Rangers ballgame!
But I've been eating the leftovers of your yummy fruit concoction, and report that The Boy also likes it very much, despite his usual distaste for anything remotely resembling the consistency of tapioca pudding. :)
Oh, Ghengis Grill is always fun. As is a night at the movies! Glad the salad was a hit.
We wish you could have been at our house too, L. Except that we couldn't see any fireworks here. I forgot to mention we also had watermelon at dinner.
My entire household left early that morning for a three-week vacation. I swung by Sonic on my way home from work to 1) celebrate, & 2) not have to cook. Happy 4th!
lady.author, that's a course of action I can heartily endorse.
"You can stuff your sorries in a sock!"
Ah, Backwards India?
Post a Comment