Friday, July 28, 2006

Disappointments: A Short List (Revised)

  • Reaching into the box of Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars in the backseat of the car to retrieve a snack, only to realize the box is empty.

  • Spending a dollar on a soda from the vending machine, thinking the drink will be colder than the can I put in the refrigerator a couple of hours ago, only to find out that the machine soda is much warmer.

  • Coming to the end of a fabulous audio book, with nothing to listen to after.

1 comment:

Starrlett said...

I have really got to get some of her audiobooks and read--er, listen--to them.

I think when they refill the soda machine, if they can't put in cold drinks, they ought to leave a sign warning the unwary.

I had a similar experience to the granola bars yesterday when I tried to take a sip from the cup in my console--empty. Sigh.