Friday, April 27, 2007

On the Horizon

Sat April 28

I foolishly signed up to take cupcakes at the beginning of a church talent show and to clean up at the end. So, unless I can find something to do in between, I'll be at the talent show Saturday night. Why do I have to be such an over-achiever?

Fri May 4

Fly to Dallas in the evening in order to get my hair cut (thank goodness) and prepare for the move (oh dear).

Sat May 5 - Thurs May 10

Pack, load, move, and unload.

Sat May 12

Drive to Ooltewah to hang out with Mary's fam. Yay!

Wed May 16

Fly to SLC (via Denver, the plane leaves Nashville at 6:05 am) to stay with my wonderful aunt and to attend the Utah Library Association Conference in Provo. Yes, I know it's weird, but why the heck not? The agenda includes attending the conference Thurs and Fri, hanging out with auntie and two cousins, hitting the BYU Bookstore, stopping in at the LDS Museum of Church History and Art, and paying a professional visit to the Harold B. Lee Library at BYU, assuming I get the nerve to make contact with someone who will give me the $0.50 tour.

Sun May 20

Arrive back in Nashville at 11:35 pm, retrieve my car, and drive home.

Whew!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On your trip back to Mfbr following the moving van, you will have to take a small detour just before you get to Nashville so you can say you actually visited Bucksnort Tenessee (according to the Wikipedia article on Bucksnort, that is what the T-shirts sold at the only gas station in town say).

Auntie K said...

Hmm, don't think I've heard of Bucksnort. Must have missed that on the first trip here.

But don't you mean, "on my trip to Mfbr 'in front of' the moving van"?

Starrlett said...

If you find a way to block that overachieving gene, please let me know. I need help, too.

Remember... just say *no!*

(Yeah, I know... me neither.)