I got my university library account set up yesterday and checked out two books today. I'm not really that excited about either one, but at least it's a start.
The first book is something for work, Mastering the Instructional Design Process. Of course, we don't have the current edition, but I already ILL'd a current version of another book, so I didn't want to be too demanding in my first week.
The second book caught my eye as I walked past the stacks after retrieving the first book--Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide. I got a similar book at the public library a while ago and was unimpressed, but maybe this one will be better.
Of course, there are lots of other books I would like to get from the library, but they aren't available to me, either because MTSU doesn't own them, or because I can't use the public library until I can prove I'm a permanent resident. Check out, for example, the recent Random House staff picks. Of course, all the picks are Random House titles, but some of them look good. If you see one you want, maybe you'll have better luck obtaining it than I. Or maybe not.
No comments:
Post a Comment