- Got three students to sign up for their own EBSCO user accounts. They probably aren't quite the library geeks that I am, but they did think it was cool that they can identify articles in a database and save them in their account to look at another day.
- Found several interesting books for my to-read list while working at the desk today. All the library's new books spend a few days on a cart behind the reference desk before going upstairs to their places on the shelf, giving the librarians time to peruse them.
- While looking for some scotch tape tonight, I found the bag of loose change I brought with me and had forgotten, netting 12 quarters--enough for one load of laundry.
- Managed to sign up for electric and water service, get lunch at Wendy's drivethru, and get back to the office all in an hour (this is the first city I've ever lived where utility service has to be arranged in person).
- Caught the tail end of a very good Law & Order, and followed it up with back-to-back eps of The Closer, one of which was a favorite (Yes, TNT was definitely invented by the devil).
- Realized I can use the public version of WorldCat for a quick search without having to login to a library subscription.
- Found out that a certain someone was awarded a fellowship for next year, meaning he won't have to slave away as a Teaching Assistant any more. Congratulations!
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Today's Fun Things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment