Apparently, the local public library at which I interviewed a couple of weeks ago did not see the wisdom in offering me a job. So, next week I will become a Team Member at everyone's favorite discount department store. You may be interested to know that my hourly wage will be less than 25% of what I was earning 13 months ago.
But, I never said money was everything, did I? And, we hope that this is only a temporary situation, with bigger and better things beyond it. In the meantime, I'm investing in a mini-wardrobe of red and khaki.
4 comments:
Ah, yes, the requisite retail mini-wardrobe. My senior year of high school, this consisted of several pairs of black jeans and black tennis shoes (I worked at a local burger joint whose t-shirts were black and dark purple). My freshman year of college, it was black pants and white button-down shirts for the campus catering service. And five years ago, it was whatever Gap had on its shelves at the time while I worked a holiday stint there. Heck, I still wear most of the Gap clothes. Didn't earn much, but at least I've still got the clothes.
Ah, Target. The discount store that actually has decent taste in home decorations. That being the primary reason that I rarely allow myself to enter said store, lest I make a regular habit of frivolous (albeit bargain) purchases.
Congrats on the job!
--starr
Yeah, it's hard to go into Target and not come out with any purchases, though I have done it upon occasion. Now, if only getting a library job were as easy as getting a job at Target. 60 minutes from beginning of application to job offer. Not too bad!
Welcome to my world...
nice to know I have good company, lady.author! Burned a vanilla Glade candle the other day and it smelled like our old apt :-)
Post a Comment