Friday, September 15, 2006

Crocs Count

Another drawback about leaving UNT is that I just hit upon the idea of starting a Crocs Count in my sidebar. It's taken a while, but just lately, I've finally started seeing Crocs on campus, probably 4-5 pairs a week. I don't see many in the general population (discounting my own house, where there are many pairs of Crocs), so I'm not sure it's worth it to start a count now.

Still, Crocs aren't threatening to take over as the footwear of choice even on campus. Way too many flip-flops, skimmers, and high heels for that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny--I only heard about Crocs about four months ago, and now see them everywhere; they're even a hot topic of debate on one of the blogs I read.

I didn't know until I just now looked it up that skimmers were another name for ballerina flats. Neat name; to me it implies running and sliding across slick floors in those flat-bottomed shoes. (One of the benefits of being an adult is that I got a hardwood floor in the living room, and a husband who shares my notion that sliding around on it in socks is tremendous fun.)

Flip-flops are definitely the largest category of footwear I see around UNT. And hey, I'm wearing a pair now!
--starr

Anonymous said...

and btw, love your sidebar item--i'm not eating bagged spinach, either! in fact, luckily Alex and i threw out our bags the day before we heard because they were spoiling ridiculously quickly.

no, we don't feel sick.
--starr-who-hopes-that-soon-Blogger-will-let-me-post-with-my-NAME-again

Auntie K said...

Ha, ha--I had part of a bag of spinach moldering in the fridge that I just hadn't gotten around to discarding, and then this came up. Course, that makes a major dent in the already narrow repertoire of healthy foods I eat.