Two comments about last night's pictures that I was too tired to make last night.
1. Notice the articulating keyboard tray in front of the computer (picture 4). I'm sure I'm the only person in the known universe who still uses one, but keyboard ergonomics are VERY important to me, so I was VERY happy to see this in my office. I haven't had a decent one since I worked for the IRS. At most recent jobs, I haven't had one at all.
2. Harder to notice is my Ansel Adams calendar sitting on the bookshelf (picture 3). I have quite a dilemma over this. For many years, I have hung the current version of this calendar in my office (when I had an office). Now, I once again have a beautiful office, with real walls. However, we only allowed to permanently affix items to the wall if they are properly framed and if we submit a work order to have building maintenance install the fastener. That is, unless you're a big shot, you don't have anything permanently affixed to the walls of your office. I have one tackboard hanging between the desktop and an overhead cabinet on the modular furniture, but it is only 18" high. The calendar is 25" high. So right now, it's just sitting on my desk top, since there is currently lots of empty space there. What do you think about a hook attached to a suction cup? There has to be some way to hang my calendar without making a hole or permanent mark in the wall.
2 comments:
My only thought with the suction cup is that it might not be very strong--if you write appointments on your calendar, it might tumble down.
But I don't have any great suggestions, I'm afraid. If only you could "permanently affix" a hook to the ceiling, you could suspend the calendar from a very long wire... Or you could get some heavy-duty craft wire and sculpt yourself a desktop stand for it. Better yet--hire yourself a student assistant to stand against the wall holding the calendar. :)
All good ideas, though I doubt the student assistant idea will fly. I did think about the wire from the ceiling bit. Have to figure out how to make it somewhat aesthetically pleasing!
Post a Comment