I'm working at the Reference Desk this afternoon, a necessary evil of being a reference librarian in this day and age. Though if I worked at the Harold B. Lee Library, I wouldn't have to work Sundays.
Anyway, it dawned on me that in the three weeks I've been here, I have not answered either of the two most common questions received at the Willis Library reference desk: "Where's the restroom?" and "Isn't this the 2nd floor?" (No, it's the first).
See what good signage and a carefully planned design will save you from?
2 comments:
Wow. May we learn from this lesson. Please, please, let us learn. :)
On the other hand, the commonly used route to the first floor men's room is right through a 5 feet wide space between a huge column and the doors into the reference area, resulting in many near collisions. Someone didn't study that traffic flow situation very carefully!
Post a Comment