Thursday, April 05, 2007

I Spy

See a familiar name here?

Truth be told, I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed right now. Look at what some of my contemporaries are doing. Of course, I don't want to be anyone but myself, but when I look at what everyone else is doing, it can seem a bit intimidating.

Tomorrow will be my fifth day at work, and I have yet to meet with anyone (team leader, coordinator, etc.) about instruction, which comprises the majority of my job duties. Maybe that's just as well. I think I need to sit down and come up with some plan of attack, and maybe that will make me feel better.

On a different note, I watched last night's Lost episode online tonight, since I was too tired to wake up from my "nap" to watch live last night. Not quite as smooth as the NBC player (where I'm catching up on Heroes), but it works pretty well. I'm going to be sad to move out of the hotel-house and give up the free wireless connection.

OTH, maybe I won't have to get TV service when I move. Do Fox and TNT offer House, MD and The Closer episodes online?

3 comments:

Starrlett said...

...i see someone's name i recognize!!! cool!

we also watched Lost last night; I am so glad that they're finally used Hurley (a little bit) again. He's my fave!

oh pish tosh on the review--the JWL put out a call for new reviewers 9 months ago. all it took was emailing three samples of my writing and my resume/CV, and i was put on the list of people who had the option to review... they didn't have any relevant titles until now, though.

actually, you might want to submit your info, if you're interested in writing reviews... it seems that they've had books on library instruction and the web in the past. you can sign up for an RSS feed of new titles that they have for review here:
http://staff.washington.edu/pme2/JWLReviews/RSS/newbooks.xml

Starrlett said...

i totally forgot what i was going to tell you. i saw a tote bag yesterday that made me think of you; it said: "peace, love, lipgloss."

...because, really, what more do you need?

Auntie K said...

Love the totebag idea. My new routine is my favorite mauve lipstick with clear lipgloss over it. I hope it makes me look not so old-ladyish as just lipstick alone.

Yeah, I do need to get in on the reviewing game. I ought to just write a review as a sample in order to submit it. It would be good practice anyway, because I never feel I do a good job of giving an oral review.