For you non-knitters, the explanation is that self-striping yarns are popular in some knitting circles: the yarn is dyed in such a manner that when you knit it into socks or another item, stripes or patterns magically appear (see the example at left).
The sock blanks are machine knit blank swatches, so you paint your stripes on the swatch and then, without even unraveling the swatch, knit from it to make your socks.If it works, I think it would be a lot of fun.
Since I've never knit a pair of socks, and in fact have still not finished Baby Jack's Christmas stocking, I probably should not attempt this right now.
Photo by: Hello Lovely
2 comments:
I hope Santa brings me a stocking this year for Christmas.
Love,
Baby Jack
Dear Baby Jack,
Santa is most giving to little boys who are good and obedient. I'm sure if you try hard, Santa will recognize your effort and bring you a stocking this year. Or at least, I hope he will.
-Auntie K
Post a Comment