Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day Trip

My readers have really been applying the pressure. We'll see if they still want
(near) daily posts once they remember how truly uneventful my life is and how truly unimaginative a writer I am!

Saturday was the annual local Seminary Conference. I drove to Nashville, 66 miles round trip, for a day of talks, training, and trading of teaching tips. It was a long day of sitting mostly in one spot, but it was all very useful. I hope that some things will be a bit easier this year, since I'll be teaching from the very beginning (August 11!) rather than starting two months into the year. One teacher in my small group said that she is a new Seminary teacher, and has never taught teenagers before. I told her that I was in the same situation less than a year ago and am living proof that she'll survive the experience.

Lunch consisted of fruit salad, tortilla rollups, SunChips, and croissant sandwiches. Dessert was a black and white brownie concoction, baked in a piece of square parchment set in a muffin tin. I left the camera home, so I can't show you what they looked like but it was a novel presentation. They spooned what looked to be three different batters into each cup; one batter included mini chocolate chips.

No comments: