Monday, June 09, 2008

How I Spent My Non-Vacation

I feel guilty that I haven't posted recently, especially since a reader told me that the first thing she does when she turns on the computer is check to see if I've posted anything new.

Problem is, it doesn't seem like there's much to tell these days, and I don't have children, pets, or a spouse to blog about, which makes it seem all the harder to come up with things to tell.

Anyway, enough blathering. Here's what I've been up to:

1) Absolutely LOVING not getting up to go to Seminary. I think about some of the students sometimes and I miss seeing them, but the break really is wonderful.

2) Catching up on some of my reading. Many evenings, I just come home and read until it's time to go to bed.

3) Feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the things I've said "yes" to at work. In fact, I'm writing this post right now on a "break" from some work-work.

4) Very much looking forward to a July trip, with my dear mother, to see my dear aunt. I'm already thinking I should have planned to stay longer than I'm going to, and I'm already thinking about how hard I will cry when I have to go home, but I also know it will be a wonderful trip.

5) Starting to be really disgusted by what a pigsty my apartment is, but as of yet, I haven't done much about it.

6) Trying valiantly to go to the track or use the home rowing machine when I can. I'm noticeably plumper than when I moved here last year, and I would like to change that. No visual progress so far.

7) Taking a few photos when I can. Really not much interesting, but here's one I took of myself over the weekend. Friday and Saturday I was at Montgomery Bell State Resort Park for a Tennessee Library Association Leadership Conference and Board Meeting (I'm the incoming chair of the nearly-dormant Instruction Roundtable). We stayed overnight and had workshops and meetings on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

So, what have YOU been up to?


I call this "Self-Portrait with Flash." I've obviously never mastered the mirror self photograph trick.

No comments: