Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Secret is Out

A first-time visitor to my apartment asked me today if I like books. I think the 338+ books in the living room probably gave it away.

4 comments:

the duchess said...

This first-time visitor had to have been 1)blind, 2) a total stranger, or 3) Captain Obvious.

Auntie K said...

Yes, it was a new home teacher. He then asked if the books were related to my profession. I laughed and told him I'm a librarian. Really, the two don't have to go together, they just happen to in my case. I have most of my religious and children's books in the living room, and all of the cookbooks in the LR. Rest, in the bedroom, which my home teacher will only see if he has to retrieve my lifeless body from the bed.

Anonymous said...

... my home teacher will only see if he has to retrieve my lifeless body from the bed.

Ha!

Anonymous said...

The first time visitor was able to get into the living room?

You might have told him you were a structural engineer trying to determine the load limits of the apartment's second floor.

Could you pass it off as a rare book collection worth millions of $?

How about it is a literacy project and you are making good progress toward your goal?

Actually, he could help by building bookshelves.

Some people just do not understand that one has to have a few items around to help prop up broken furniture legs, keep papers from blowing around when the A/C is on, and they are actually hollow and used to store you gold coin collection.