I'm not fond of having to pick favorites, but I'm listening to The Very Best of the Eagles and I thought I would share a few favorites to which I'm willing to commit.
Favorite Eagles song: New Kid in Town
Favorite Beatles song: A Day in the Life
Favorite Carpenters song: Superstar
Favorite Dessert: cake
ps - How could anyone not love the Eagles? Their music, that is.
pps - Don't you love Wikipedia? Who knew that the Carpenters' "Superstar" was a remake?
3 comments:
Heh, heh, that's funny because "New Kid in Town" is one of my lesser-favorites from the Eagles. I think my absolute favorite is "Hotel California"--if I could play guitar, that's the one guitar song I'd play. And "Life's Been Good" and "Life in the Fast Lane" are up there, too. I love that 70's rock sound... oddly enough, I like the Eagles because they sound like 1970's Christian singer Keith Green to me. I don't know if anyone else in the world has that impression... but yeah. I grew up on Keith Green's stuff.
Favorite Beatle's song is nearly impossible for me to pick, but I'm a big fan of both "Hey Jude" and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand," which are like the two extremes of moods if I ever heard them. Odd.
I don't have a favorite Carpenters song that I can think of. But that's probably because anytime I hear their name, I think of the Simpsons episode where Marge buys a doorbell that plays "Why do birds suddenly appear," over and over and over.
Cake's a good choice for dessert, but personally I don't know how you can best ice cream. Hence the reason it is an ever-more-used tag in my Flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/geekyartistlibrarian/tags/icecream
I am a huge Carpenters buff, indoctrinated from the womb. I have many fond memories of spinning the ol' records with the oversized headphones singing at the top of my lungs. Ahh, the good ol' days.
I can still picture all the Carpenters album covers, clear as day. And "Life in the Fast Lane" is one of my favorites too.
Post a Comment