Hmm. Since I try to not watch R movies and I don't drink, not sure I'll be doing either of those (I did read the book, however, many years ago). And since I won't have a car, I probably won't be going too far afield for meals. Too bad about the movie though, because I am fond of John Cusack and Kevin Spacey.
Anyway, I'm excited to be staying at the conference hotel for the first time in my life, rather than taking the poor man's route of staying farther away at a cheaper place and having to drive to the conference. The last hotel in which I stayed was the local Doubletree, when I interviewed for my current job. I had a super-comfy king size bed, but was only in it for about 5 fitful hours, so I really couldn't enjoy it. How are the beds at the Courtyard?
Also on the horizon:
- quick trip to Texas in October to play auntie to Niece # 3 and Nephew #1 in advance of Nephew #1's first birthday (can we have cake when I come?)
- quick trip in November to play auntie to Nieces #1, 2 & 4, though on that trip I'll have competition from Grandma
4 comments:
Oh, have fun, have fun!!
I can't speak to that Courtyard, but the last one I stayed in was nice--not as nice as, say, the Hyatt Regency (oh... my...GOSH that was amazing), but waaay better than most hotels I've stayed in.
Man, that movie... I watched 2/3 of it about eight years ago. We stopped watching because we were making fun of how bizarre it was, making up, (we thought), silly comments like "everyone in this town is crazy--there must be something in the water."
And then, that actually *happened* in the plot.
This happened 3 or 4 more times, so we got too weirded out and turned it off. But I certainly did enjoy Cusak in it--Spacey was a little too creepily odd for me, though. But that being nearly a decade ago, I;m almost curious to watch it again and see what I think... hmmm.
I think we can arrange a meeting with you and a cake.
Yes, Spacey does creepy well, doesn't he? And I'm getting more excited about Savannah as the time gets closer. The conference looks like it will be really good, and I'm going to *try* to network a bit, even if it's not in my nature.
Thanks, A. I knew I could count on you.
Post a Comment