Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Accepting Applications

I need a guest blogger. Or I need to start running reruns. Not sure anyone is interested in reruns of my blog posts, however. Anyone interested in guest blogging?

Actually, I made small steps toward a new post last night by downloading and cropping some photos I plan to show you. Alas, they're on the laptop, I'm working on the desktop, and a) transferring photos from laptop to desktop, or b) turning on laptop to connect to wi-fi, will have to wait, since work and sleep take precedence.

In the meantime, here's what's happening in my non-work life, which seems to encompass only about 10 hours of the day right now, including drive and sleep time.

Took delivery of Lyle Lovett and the Eagles. Too busy and stressed to pay proper attention to Lyle, but I'm enjoying the Eagles.

About to start listening to Jasper Fforde's First Among Sequels (when I can pay proper attention, that is).

News of my own auntie and mother knitting together in Utah spurred me on to pull out Baby Jack's stocking. I didn't get very far before I was ready to turn the heel, and I had to put it aside, again for lack of concentration power. So I've been knitting swatches instead, a few rows a night, just to knit something. Poor Baby Jack--I started his stocking before he was born, Christmas came and went, and he's about to turn a year old, still with no Christmas stocking. We won't talk about the fact that aforementioned auntie started and finished a stocking for Jack's soon-to-be-delivered cousin in the space of a few days.

Today, my parents marked their fortieth wedding anniversary. Thanks for being my parents!



ps - A1, are you still reading? There was a plant in a post for you a while ago, but you didn't bite.

pps - Isn't that rude of me to include a secret message in a public post? If you're dying to know who A1 is and what the plant was, e-mail me.

4 comments:

the duchess said...

I'm always happy to oblige with assistance, however, I find myself sorely unqualified for the esteemed position of guest blogger. Do you have something more remedial like guest blip? :o)

Auntie K said...

Blip away! But I'm sure my regular readers, all 3 or 4 of them, would love having you as a guest blogger. You're so witty and clever. And observant. And...

Anonymous said...

I didn't catch the plant, but my perceptive wife did. Our little readers have been awaiting the release of the book. We're almost done with every other book in the series, so the new one will be met with great anticipation.

Auntie K said...

Glad to know, Harkey and Perceptive Wife, that you're both still lurking. Looking forward to seeing you (and your little readers and little future-reader) soon.