Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Snap Out of It!

I've mentioned before how when my mother loses her sense of smell during a bout of sickness, she sometimes worries that it might be permanent.

Well, I'm in a REAL reading slump. I just realized that I have finished only one book this month, and the month is nearly over. I'm working my way through three audios in the car and at the track, but have nothing else on tap, and no real desire to read anything else, even though choices abound just inches from my fingertips.

What's wrong with me? What if it's permanent? If so, life would not be worth living.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will come to your senses, eventually. After all, there is a young man we know and love who had read (willingly) only one book in his life, and that same book twice, and by now, in his current state as an almost PhD candidate, he must have read at least two or three more!

Anonymous said...

I alternate between book phases and magazine phases. I've been in magazine mode for several months now.

The Back Lot said...

I take it you haven't Twilight-ed yet?

Auntie K said...

Actually, I've Twilight-ed, New Moon-ed and Eclipse-d. Haven't Breaking Dawn-ed yet.

The Back Lot said...

Sometimes I wish I hadn't BD'd, but I guess it had to end somehow.