I asked that question when I watched Lyle Lovett perform on The Tonight Show on March 7, 1996.
Now I'm asking the same question of mashed sweet potatoes. I only discovered sweet potatoes in general after 30+ years without them. I mashed some a few months ago and thought they were good, but not necessarily memorable.
Then, I made them again this week. Sweet potato + salt + butter + cream + the magic of a handheld KitchenAid = heaven on a fork.
I just boiled and mashed a big serving to take to work tomorrow. I gladly ate what little bit wouldn't fit in the freezer container, and had to exercise all my inconsiderable will to not eat the remainder. After that, the only thing that would satisfy was some homemade chocolate syrup from the fridge.
Speaking of which, those are two good things. Chocolate. Sweet potatoes. Wonder what they're like together.
2 comments:
Now bake some with butter, brown sugar, & marshmallows on top. Mmmmmm.
I just looked up a recipe for "Sweet Potato Fluff." I nearly blacked out!
-Mary
Post a Comment